WELCOME TO THE HOME PAGE FOR
WORLD OF CONCRETE
MOST INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS AWARDS 2020
Each year, World of Concrete exhibitors submit their products to Concrete Construction’s Most Innovative Product Award Program, the only annual award program honoring innovative new products designed for all segments of the concrete industry. The annual event showcases to WOC attendees, readers of the official show magazine, Concrete Construction, and visitors to concreteconstruction.net, the best new products that will be exhibited at WOC 2020. Products nominated are voted on by the magazine audience and by World of Concrete attendees to determine an Industry Choice in each product category. Product nominations are also reviewed by an invited group and by our editorial staff to receive an Experts’ Choice Award or an Editors’ Choice award.
The entry fee for MIP 2020 is $650.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR MIP 2020
November 4, 2019: final date to be included in Preshow Planner
December 2, 2019: final date for inclusion in editorial coverage in January Concrete Construction
December 2, 2019: final date for inclusion in WOC Daily News
December 2, 2019: final date to enter MIP 2020
January 15 to February 29, 2020: window for online voting
March 16, 2020: Winners announced
Product Categories for MIP 2020
Choose the category that best fits your nominated product. Only one entry is allowed per category. A company may make multiple entries but only one in each category. If you are unsure of the category, please contact Bill Palmer, CC editor at large to discuss (firstname.lastname@example.org; 773-494-4619). We reserve the right to change products to a different category if we feel it would be a better fit. Choose from among these ten categories:
Business & Technology—includes site layout equipment, software & apps, communication equipment, and testing equipment.
Concrete Construction Equipment—includes small mixers, reinforcing steel tools (cutters, benders, tying tools), placing equipment (pumps, conveyors, buckets, vibrators), concrete saws/blades & drills/bits, formwork & shoring (including ICFs), paving tools & equipment (paving machines, slipform machines, dowel drills, pervious equipment), and tilt-up tools & materials.
General Construction Tools & Equipment—includes fleets (engines, trucks, trailers, and maintenance equipment), safety equipment, jobsite tools (compressors, hand tools, lighting, pumps, tool boxes), and site-prep equipment (skidsteers, compactors, forklifts, excavators, cranes).
Materials for Concrete Construction—includes anchors, concrete-making materials (prepackaged mixes, cement, admixtures, and specialty concretes), reinforcement (including fibers, rebar accessories, joints, and load transfer devices), and water-resisting materials (vapor barriers, waterproofing materials, and curing/form release agents).
Concrete Production and Delivery Equipment—includes, batching, material handling, mixing, heating and cooling equipment, mixer trucks & accessories, dispatch & scheduling tools, and water/washout control.
Precast & Block Production—precast forms and vibrators, release agent, hand tools, block-making equipment, straddle cranes.
Masonry Materials and Equipment—includes bricks, blocks, masonry accessories, masonry tools, masonry equipment (braces, scaffold/mast-climbers, telehandlers).
Repair/Demolition Materials, Tools, and Equipment—includes repair mortars, patching materials, corrosion protection, external strengthening reinforcement, and surface prep equipment (breakers, grinders, chippers, other repair tools).
Slab Tools/Equipment & Materials—including strike-off tools/screeds, trowels, and surface finishing materials (dry shake hardeners, densifiers, trowel aids), joint sealers & fillers.
Concrete Surfaces & Decorative Concrete Equipment & Materials—stamping tools & materials, stains, color (integral, dry-shake), engraving tools, surface retarders, polishing equipment, hardeners/densifiers/guards, decorative overlays, coatings & sealers, self-leveling overlays
Note that participation in the MIP program is open only to 2020 World of Concrete exhibitors. Other program guidelines are outlined on the registration form. Email questions to email@example.com.
There are three award categories: Industry Choice, Experts’ Choice, and Editors’ Choice. One of each will be awarded in each category.
• Industry Choice Award is presented to one nominated product in each category, selected based on the most valid votes received in an online survey plus ballots submitted at the World of Concrete.
• Experts’ Choice Award is presented to a product in each category selected by a group of industry professionals.
• Editors’ Choice Award is selected by staff members of Concrete Construction.
Coverage of MIP nominated products is extensive across all media platforms. This includes:
Pre-Show Editorial Coverage: The MIP Award Program is sponsored by the official World of Concrete media brand, Concrete Construction. We will publish announcements promoting on-line voting and will include special coverage within our editorial coverage of the show. All nominated products will receive exclusive promotion, including:
• Each company nominating a product or service will receive a high res MIP logo that they can include in marketing efforts promoting their product.
• WOC Pre-Show Planner—Nominations received by November 4, 2019, will be included in a special section of this digital magazine.
• January 2020 issue of Concrete Construction—Nominations received by December 2, 2020 will be included in this issue that will be distributed at WOC 2020.
• Vote MIP: Visitors to the Vote MIP page on the Concrete Construction website may vote for their favorite products. Online voting will begin January 15, 2020 and close February 29, 2020. Each nominated product will have its own special ballot page that will include the product name, image, exhibitor’s name, and booth number. Using your submitted 500-word description, we will prepare an edited description of your product. In this description, you may provide more information on the innovation behind the product development or a case history or application story. This is an opportunity to demonstrate how contractors or producers have used the product to solve problems, increase job site efficiency, improve quality, or enhance safety. You may also submit additional images of the product to support this application story. This page will also include a link to the nominated product’s website.
Onsite Promotion: At the 2020 World of Concrete, all nominated products will receive the following promotional opportunities:
• A photo of each nominated product will be displayed in the Grand Concourse area between North and Central Halls. The display will include the product’s image, exhibitor name, and booth number.
• The World of Concrete Program & Exhibits Guide will include a special section that lists each nominated product, exhibitor’s name, and booth number.
• Each nominated product will be published in all three editions of The World of Concrete Daily News.
• Each exhibitor entering the MIP will receive a digital pdf version of a ballot that they can print and distribute in their booth to show visitors. Ballots must be placed into one of the Vote MIP ballot boxes by 1:00 PM on Friday, February 7 at the end of the show. Ballots placed in ballot boxes after that time will not be accepted. There will be three ballot boxes on the show floor at WOC 2020:
- Near the entrance to South Hall
- Near the entrance to North Hall
- In the Grand Concourse
Post-Show Coverage: Award winners will be announced by March 16, 2020. Award-winning products will receive editorial coverage in the April 2020 issue of Concrete Construction and online. Award winners may advertise their product as an MIP winner.
Additional MIP Opportunities to Drive Booth Engagement at WOC
Following your entry into MIP, companies may purchase two additional opportunities to help promote your product at World of Concrete and to drive booth traffic.
• Option 1: World of Concrete Daily News Ad – Entrants have the ability to purchase a 1/4-tabloid-page ad for their product in the World of Concrete Daily News, distributed to 35,000 WOC attendees. Entry prices remain the same but the 1/4-page ad will cost $850 as opposed to the $1500 rate card value! Other ad sizes available.
• Option 2: World of Concrete Pre Show Planner (PSP) Ad – Branded under The Daily News, the Pre Show Planner digital issue reaches 200,000+ contractors and producers, before WOC. The PSP offers a guide to World of Concrete so attendees can begin the planning process and identify must see exhibits, your ad includes live links back to your web site. The half page ad has been discounted 50% and other ad sizes are available.
Ad in Daily News (1/4-tabloid-page) = $850**
Ad in Pre Show Planner (1/2 Page) = $700**
Ad in Daily News + Ad in Pre Show Planner = $1450**
Payment for advertising will be collected separately; only the $650 entry fee will be collected during entry. Ads must be placed by November 4, 2019.
Note: If you wish to take advantage of this advertising opportunity, there will be an option on the confirmation email you receive after entering MIP to notify our sales team of your interest. They will get back in touch immediately.
For questions about entering the awards program contact Bill Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding advertising contact Greg Cooke, email@example.com.
Before beginning the registration process, please assure that you have three things available:
1. The complete name of the product you are nominating for an MIP award, as well as a short description of what it is and what it does. A company may enter multiple products but only one in each category.
2. A brief explanation of what is innovative about the product and how contractors or producers will benefit from the innovation. Please include more than just its new features. Submit TWO product descriptions: One that is less than 100 words long and a second that can be up to 500 words. The short version will be used in the published product descriptions and the longer version will be used as the web site version.
3. Your credit card information for the entry fee. Prior payment is required. The entry fee is $650. After payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to complete your entry.
4. At least one high-resolution digital image of the product nominated. The image should be submitted at the same time as the entry. That image will be used to create the onsite signage at World of Concrete—we prefer an action shot and remember that the photo quality alone can determine whether your product wins an award so choose your photo carefully. This image will also be used in our editorial coverage, both on-line and in print. The preferred format is JPEG, 300 dpi, 8 inches by 10 inches.
You will be provided uploading information in your nomination confirmation email. All information must be received by December 2, 2019 to be included in the January 2020 issue of Concrete Construction and in the WOC Daily News.